|Professional Development Home||Descriptions||About Investigation Based Teaching™
||Testimonials||Book a Professional Development Session|
Investigation Based Teaching Practices™ are aligned with and strengthen Classroom Organization and Instructional Support strategies addressed in the CLASS™. These practical strategies support the thoughtful facilitation of children’s learning through investigative open-ended play. Kodo’s Investigation-Based Teaching Practices™ help educators recognize and establish habits of thoughtful responsive facilitation.
Investigation Based Teaching Practices™ are founded on the following concepts:
1. Deepen learning through reflective practice for adult and children
2. Focus on process, not just outcomes
3. Model design thinking & ideation
4. Embrace mistakes, failures, and constraints as opportunities
5. Provide intriguing open-ended materials, tools and loose parts
6. Adapt the learning environment, materials, and schedule to be responsive and relevant to children’s investigations
7. Practice followership of child-initiated investigations
8. Practice responsive teacher facilitation & provocations
All of our Professional Development Seminars draw on concepts from Kodo’s Investigation Based Teaching Practices.
[email protected] | 720-305-5249