Young children have a natural proclivity toward sensory experiences. From birth, we learn about the world through touch, taste, smell, sight, and hearing. Stimulating the senses helps the brain to strengthen neural pathways and is essential for learning. While pouring, filling, and sifting, mathematical concepts such as size, scale, position, weight, and volume are learned through experience and experimentation. Children compare, classify sort, measure, and make predictions – all a natural result of play with sensory materials.
- Activity Tray – creates a focused and portable activity space in your classroom and home
- Sift & Sort – an engaging STEM tool that offers significant depth of learning through a child’s process of exploration
- Jurassic Sifter Scoops – Add these to any sensory table or activity tray! Sifter scoops make the perfect scoops for Jurassic Sand, Kinetic Sand, and Kodo Coco. Scoop, stir, pour with these sifters
- 4 Small Scoops – Extremely durable- will not flex or bend.
- 10lbs Mung Beans
- 10lbs Flax Seeds
- 10lbs Buckwheat
- 25lbs Crunchy Cocoa
- Kodo Coconut – Three bricks of compressed coconut husk
- Teaching Guide
ITERS: 20. Nature/Science
ECERS: 22. Nature/Science
FCCERS : 20. Nature/Science
Appropriate for ages 3+
Warning! Coconut is classified as a tree nut.