Sensory play can be thought of as “food for the brain.” It naturally helps to develop the sense of touch, strengthens fine-motor muscles, invites scientific inquiry, and supports the discovery and differentiation of material properties. Sand is a staple of the early childhood classroom. It can be wet or dry, cool or warm, smooth or rough, sculpted, molded and more. We’ve included four types of Jurassic Sand, (mined in Utah), which offer a variety of textures, sizes, and colors. This kit’s tools and materials support systems thinking, understanding of mathematical concepts, and compel children to revisit their discoveries over and over again. With the Sensory System Sand Kit, learning comes naturally.
- Activity Tray – creates a focused and portable activity space in your classroom and home
- Toddler Funnel Stand – Made to be just the right size for our little scientists, the Toddler Funnel Stand has toddlers intrigued about filling and pouring!
- 4 Small Scoops – Extremely durable- will not flex or bend.
- 4 Metal Sifters – The 6″ Sand Sifter features a large handle and ample screen surface making this the perfect tool!
- Jurassic Sifter Scoops – Add these to any sensory table or activity tray! Sifter scoops make the perfect scoops for Jurassic Sand, Kinetic Sand, and Kodo Coco. Scoop, stir, pour with these sifters
- 25 lbs. Jurassic Sand Original – silky smooth manipulative for your sensory table! Dust free and straight from the deserts of Utah, it is simply the best play sand available
- 8 lbs. Jurassic Knot Sand – Jurassic Knot Sand is the lightest of our sand, made from USA-grown corncobs
- 25 lbs Jurassic River Bed Sand – Its unique, smooth grains have been washed down from the mountains by streams and rivers during spring snow melt, and are then collected for your classroom
- 25 lbs Jurassic Purple Pink Garnet Sand – This rare sand from Idaho is all natural!
- Teaching Guide
Appropriate for ages 3+