During play with ramps, children experience hands-on application of the core concepts behind the physics of motion. Ramps allow children to inherently learn these concepts in a meaningful context building a fundamental understanding of physics, honing their problem-solving skills and working through fun and challenging play opportunities.
The Discovery Ramps Exploration Kit was designed specifically for children to gain an understanding of force and motion through building and experimenting, testing and hypothesizing, assessing failure points, and problem solving.
- Cause & effect
- Newton’s Laws of Motion
- Structural engineering concepts
Children are intrigued to experiment and test their creations using the many loose parts and pieces this kit has to offer! Accessibility and storage is made easy by the portable wooden cart. The Discovery Ramps Exploration Kit is a smaller, portable version of our Kodo Ramp Room and is a perfect fit for smaller spaces, after school programs, camps and special activities!
- 10 1.75″ Wood Balls
- 42 Wooden ramps – 12 1 foot ramps, 18 2 foot ramps, and 12 3 foot ramps
- 9 Birch Ramp Stands – measure 12″ x 12″ x 6″ tall
- 3 Deflector Sets
- 25′ Rubber Ramp
- 16 Rubber Ramp Stackers – 8 3.5″ Stackers and 8 6″ Stackers
- See Inside Pipe Set
- 30 Small Sandbags *bags ship unfilled
- Swiss Ramp Stands
- 2 – 5 Gallon Fabric Bags for ball storage
- Storage cart with wheels – cart measures 31″ long x 24″ Wide x 29.5″ tall
- Rubber Ramps Investigation Book
This product requires assembly.
Appropriate for ages 3+