At Kodo we know how important it is to introduce Design and Systems Thinking to young children and this kit has all the right stuff to launch that thinking through hands-on play. We’ve included enough materials for you to set up a complete learning center, including our exclusive Discovery Ramps, Rubber Ramp, Swiss Ramp Stands, and Small Sandbags. We’ve included a set of our Small Sandbags which you fill with the materials of your choice. Sandbags offer children a new perspective when stacking and building and we love them for supporting wooden Discovery Ramps and for providing stability when creating curves, loops, hills and valleys with the Rubber Ramp. As children get familiar with these materials, they’ll be combining everything to form complex systems, giving you many opportunities for authentic observation of the rich learning taking place.
Play with ramp systems helps children experience and learn how structure and construction styles affect elevation, speed, distance, and motion. All the loose parts can be combined in endless ways, providing opportunity for exploration and investigation. When it’s time to tidy up your space, children can help by storing the ramps and balls neatly into the included Ramp Tote Bag. Swiss Ramp Stands come apart to store flat, perfect for small spaces.
- Discovery Ramps Single Set – an engaging way to introduce the fundamentals of Engineering and loose parts play to children
- 30 Sandbags Small – multi-use building block **Bags arrive empty
- Swiss Ramp Stands – add instant elevation to play with ramps
- Discovery Ramp Tote Bag – Keep your discovery ramps safe and ready to bring with you on the go
- Extra Set of 10 2″ Wood Balls – a staple loose part and ramp roller
- 12′ Rubber ramp – flexible ramp which allows children to explore the manipulation of a continuous line, and to experiment with elevation change in relation to a start and ending point
- Teaching Guide
Appropriate for ages 3+