Our kit includes Kodo’s exclusive Criss-Cross Blocks, unique pieces designed to help children combine ramp play with blocks. Twelve X-shaped stands are sized for integrated construction and offer kids ways to think about how loose parts work together within systems. Build roads, bridges, towers, and chain reaction machines with this set of ramps, balls, and your existing unit blocks. When clean up time is needed, simply pull apart the Criss-Cross blocks to store flat on a shelf, and tuck away ramps in the included Ramp Storage Bag. The ball holder will hold twenty-four 2″ balls or twenty-seven 1.75 â€œ balls and can be mounted to a wall or your existing block storage shelf. We include ten wooden balls to get things rolling!
Complexity is what we look for when observing children’s block and ramp structures. Having plenty of interesting loose parts supports several early mathematical and science concepts; parts and wholes, spatial relationships, combinations and connections of individual and groups of materials, understanding of material properties, design thinking, systems, and more. The addition of ramps is fast becoming the material educators choose to support engineering practices for their young students so we’ve included both wooden Discovery Ramps and our own exclusive Rubber Ramp in this classroom kit.
- Discovery Ramps Single Set – an engaging way to introduce the fundamentals of Engineering and loose parts play to children
- Ball holder – 2 slot (non magnetic) – keep your area organized and free from stray balls.
- Two 6′ Rubber Ramp Pieces – flexible ramps which allows children to explore the manipulation of a continuous line, and to experiment with elevation change in relation to a start and ending point
- Criss Cross blocks (full Set) – We developed these to be used as elevation pieces for our Rubber Ramp and Discovery Ramps and have found how much kids love to use them as stand alone builders.
- Discovery Ramp Tote Bag – Keep your discovery ramps safe and ready to bring with you on the go
- Extra Set of 10 2″ Wood Balls – a staple loose part and ramp roller
- Teaching Guide
Appropriate for ages 3+